2014年6月13日星期五

When There's No Space, I Create One

It happened during my 23 weeks.

On a lovely Friday, I started to notice a tinge of pain in my tummy. It happened when I changed my positions, from standing to sitting, from squatting to sitting, from half lying down to sitting upright etc. I was alarmed by that, I thought something seem weird.

At home before I slept, it got worse. It hurt when I lied on the bed. It hurts when I tried to get up. It hurts no matter what I tried to do. I was worried so I started to flip through my book, trying to understand what could be the cause for abdominal pain.

It helped a lot when the signs that I have to worry about (I googled in between the pains), supposed to be abdominal pain with bleeding and lots of discharge. It calm me down a little. Then I started to sing to the baby, hoping to soothe things out for both of us.

Even with that pain, I insisted to attend my weekly prenatal yoga on Saturday. I thought I could have just stop anytime if I didn't feel comfortable. To my surprise, the pain stopped during the class, and some time after the class.

Due to the fact that prenatal poses emphasize a lot on creating space in the body, I started to suspect that's what the Little Bey tried to do, creating space in my-apparently-not-big-enough-for-him-tummy.

So I started to observe my tummy whenever it hurts. When the pain was in the left, my tummy skew to the left. When the pain was at the bottom, my tummy skew towards the bottom. The pain lasted for a few seconds and then relieved.

All these sensations continued until Sunday. I tried my best to do more stretching than I normally do. And Tuesday, everything stopped.

And now (I wrote this on Tuesday), I noticed my tummy got bigger than yesterday.

So I guess Little Bey had made it, he stretched the hell out of my tummy to create enough space for him!

Because of the fact that I can't see how he stretched in my body, I can only imagine, so no picture for this entry. So use your imagination (: )

(*I'm in my 25 weeks as I post this draft I wrote two weeks ago)

没有评论: