2014年6月17日星期二

Things I Miss Occasionally as a Pregnant Woman

I'm 25 weeks and 5 days pregnant today.

There are so many things a pregnant woman can't do. And occasionally, I do miss some of them.
  1. The runny egg yolks
    From egg Benedict or simply sunny side up or half boiled eggs! Even though this list is not created to priority, but this definitely goes to the top of the list. Eggs and potatoes are always my favourite food. Not being able to eat eggs in the way I like, is a torture. Fully cooked eggs are so boring!
     photo 3_zpsceba1ad5.jpg
    Even the failed Onsen Tamago I failed to create in year 2010 will be the most delicious food to me now
  2. The crunchy texture of fresh greens in the salad, in the sandwich, in the burger!
    I'm the cafe kinda person. I like to patron cafe occasionally with my-cafe-kinda-friend (you know who you are). I miss the freshly made sandwiches, burgers or salads that always come with generous amount of lettuce or rocket salad! Yum! Now, I can only imagine that in my daydreams. Or make a fool out of myself to order BLT without lettuce and tomatoes (duh!)
     photo 08drips.jpg
    Sandwich... With fresh greens...
     photo spinachsalad_zps108a1b5b.jpg
    I used to make this salad quite often for my dinner
  3. The fresh and sweet salmon sashimi
    Damn! I hate the fact I don't get to eat salmon sashimi and all the types of sushi I adore. The Man and I patron Japanese restaurant almost every weekend, if not every fortnightly. We have our favourite Jap restaurants list and everytime we go, we order the very same thing. Salmon sashimi is always one of them! DAMN!!!!
     photo 02-2.jpg
    Sashimi from my fave Jap restaurant in Penang, Miraku
     photo 03-1.jpg
    Sushi platter
  4. Jump into the pool or sea
    How I hated the fact that I fell behind the crowd of tourists to chase the whale shark simply because I can't jump into the sea from the boat. The Man and the guys on the boat have to help me to get down to the sea, VERY SLOWLY! Like, VERY VERY SLOW!
  5. Fit into any clothes or any space I need
    No kidding! Only after I  have to pack some of my clothes to make space for new maternity clothings in my wardrobe, I started to appreciate the slimmer me. I didn't think I was thin, but now I think I was. 
  6. Swimming as fast as I could
    I swim at least once every week before I am pregnant. Don't get me wrong, I still swim when I can when I found out I'm carrying a new life. But before the pregnancy, I always try to "compete" with the colleague I swam with. I never beat him, he's fast and physically it's impossible because he's 1.8m tall. Now, I can only swim that slow, so that I don't get breathless. 
  7. Running or Gym
    Even though in some websites, they still encourage mothers to run slowly. But it's not my options, I knew if I would do that, the whole kampong of people who care about me will probably chase me with a parang. I didn't run very fast, but running around for half an hour, is really an effective way of relieving stresses. But it isn't too bad now, I walk for half an hour when I can :)
  8. The freedom of ordering coffee whenever I want to
    I still drink coffee occasionally, once in a few weeks during my pregnancy. However, drinking coffee isn't something to wake me up anymore over the years. I order because I like the aroma, because I do not have any other things in the menu that I feel like I want to drink. If you don't give me the coffee, I won't die of cravings, I won't die of tiredness. I just simply like the aroma. And I can drink them in the mornings, or at nights. It has no effect on me. It's no longer the case now, I had a cup of kopi at 4pm, I couldn't sleep until 3am. My body no longer accustom to caffeine.
     photo 13icedcoffee_zps9ef1d8cc.jpg
    I like coffee so much, I tried making different variations of coffee at home
  9. Able to lie on my back and lift my legs
    No, we pregnant women are not supposed to do that, because that will strain our lower back and cause more pain. So no, I have been consciously and unconsciously trying to control myself in my sleep, to not sleep on my back. It's really hard. There are times when The Man woke me up to flip me to my side.
     photo 2_zps154e2bc0.jpg
    Admiring my shoes or my toes is not something as easy as it was
I am surprise the list stop at 9! I thought it should be longer, or maybe I just forgot (another sign of my pregnancy).

Perhaps I'll continue with them when I remember.

You'll notice I've used all the old photos in the post. Since I can't do any of them, I seriously don't have any new pictures for now.

Every pregnant woman has a different list, what's yours?

没有评论: