2015年4月4日星期六

Fujifilm X30

NO, I didn't convert from Nikon to Fujifilm.

NO, I didn't change to a new system.

I'm still pretty much in love with my Nikon D7000 which I've been using since 2011. And I'm keeping it no matter what. 

I recently bought a Fujifilm X30 because I need a small camera. We booked air tickets to go for a one week holiday as a new family. Even if you try to dare me to bring my Nikon gears, I will just give up and lose the bet. I can't imagine carrying a 7kg baby in front and another 3-4kg of gears on a sling camera bag, and another diaper bag at my back. I think I'll need physiotherapy after that. 

I was looking at Fujifilm X100T initially, dreaming of it every day and night. But I ended up with X30. Plainly for one reason, $. I could buy two X30 if I bought X100T. X100T is even more expensive than my D7000. After I came into my senses, I chose X30. (I'm on non paid leave now, no money to spend on such luxury items!)

 photo fuji01_zpskfnzzbr1.jpg
Fujifilm X30, taken with my Nikon D7000 in photobox

 photo fuji02_zpsxfnuzbi8.jpg
The dials

I have only tried to use it a few times now. I'm not gonna write a review for it, there are tonnes of it on the internet which covers everything in such professional way. (How did we buy gears years ago I wonder?)

I'll just tell you what I love of the camera. I love the Classic Chrome mode. One thing I hate about current modern cameras and all the fancy modes they provide. Seriously, they're useless to me. Except for this classic chrome. I miss the good old days, where we printed out our photos. They look simply fantastic. Classic Chrome creates the effect on your digital photos, which was nice in my opinion.

What I hate? The RAW FILE FORMAT!!!! ARGGGHHHHH!!!!!! Fujifilm uses a completely different raw file format than the others. My photoshop could not open it! I am currently using fujifilm software to edit but they're not as nice as photoshop. I'm seeking for solutions! If you have any suggestions, please help me!

I might regret some time down the road, that why I bought this but not the better X100T? I'll just keep reminding myself, it's double the price!

没有评论: