2014年7月28日星期一

Of Sweat

My body is built up by different elements than the others, one way or another, which makes sweat comes so easily, effortlessly.

It always seems like I'm constantly heated up. I sweat so easily to the extend I've learned to ignore my sweat, they'll dry up anyway when I got into air-conditioned room. So, whatever.

But, have you ever heard of the pregnancy myth that says pregnant woman sweats a lot more? Don't hesitate on that, it's certainly true! Damn!

I haven't felt much differences up till 6 months pregnant. But by now, I perspire by sitting around the room, as long as I'm not under that high powered fan. Some days it's so freaking hot, I can't live without air-conditioner. And I'm truly convinced that air-conditioner made to the no.1 best invention to human's life ever in this modern world!!

If air-conditioner made into no.1, washing machine and dryer must have come next. With this new pregnancy symptom, not only the air-con/fan are constantly switched on, I have to do more laundry than ever. I kept changing clothes so often, I have to wash them much more often than before.

Besides, I use handkerchief at home to wipe my sweats (my friend told me just use towel), especially after yoga or after spending even a few minutes in the kitchen, perhaps just to make a glass of smoothie. Imagine the scene where I cook 3 Chinese stir fry dishes, or baking a cake, or cooking a soup, or worse -- having clothes in dryer, cake baking in oven, soup simmering on stove or slow cooking, all at once in the kitchen! That actually happened before, and I was drenched like I ran home in rain.

The Man tried to convince me that we can install a fan in the kitchen, but I refused. It's really sweet that he's such thoughtful but the potential of oily blades on fan really put me off. Besides, I kept telling him, it's going to be temporary, 2 months later, I'm off pregnant, and I think my condition will get back to normal. Well, my normal, not your normal. That means still sweat, just lesser extend compared to what I have now.

I shouldn't have stayed in tropical countries...

没有评论: