|Creamy bacon linguine with asparagus|
Most weekday nights, I cook a dinner for one, for myself. And because it's difficult to cook dishes with rice (The Chinese Style) for one, I normally settle with western food, i.e. salad, sandwich, pasta etc.
I love creamy pasta, even knowing they could contain higher percentage of fats. I try to give myself some leeway, by telling myself at least I prepare the sauce, not using the pre-made ones.
Ingridients (for one):
- A clove of garlic
- Two slices of bacon (I chose streaky)
- Pasta of your choice (in this case linguine)
- Ten stalks of asparagus (I could have chose kangkung to save my pocket if I live in Malaysia!)
- 50ml of Cooking cream
- Cheddar cheese (as much as you like)
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta to Al Dante (as suggested by the package).
- Meanwhile, cut the bacon into small pieces and fry on your non stick pan. I do not add any oil as I am already using streaky bacon. If you chose back bacon, you may want to fry on some butter for better flavour.
- Chop the garlic and prepare your asparagus.
- When the bacon is almost done (almost crispy), throw in the garlic.
- Cook the asparagus with the pasta at the last half to one minute of the pasta.
- Meanwhile, add the cream and shredded cheddar cheese into the pan and stir. Let the sauce simmer and thicken.
- Drain the cooked pasta and asparagus and run them through cold water immediately to stop cooking further. Asparagus is crispy and tasty to cook within a minute. (I always keep my mobile phone around, the timer comes in handy)
- Add the pasta into the pan and stir to make sure the pasta is coated with the delicious sauce. Flavour with ground pepper and salt.
- Serve the pasta into the plate. Top the pasta with the asparagus.
- Ready to eat :)
- Oh wait, please take a picture and Instagram! :P