2014年1月14日星期二

Creamy Bacon Linguine with Asparagus

 photo creamybaconlinguiniwithasparagus_zpsd6e6db34.jpg
Creamy bacon linguine with asparagus



Most weekday nights, I cook a dinner for one, for myself. And because it's difficult to cook dishes with rice (The Chinese Style) for one, I normally settle with western food, i.e. salad, sandwich, pasta etc.

I love creamy pasta, even knowing they could contain higher percentage of fats. I try to give myself some leeway, by telling myself at least I prepare the sauce, not using the pre-made ones.

Ingridients (for one):
  1. A clove of garlic
  2. Two slices of bacon (I chose streaky)
  3. Pasta of your choice (in this case linguine)
  4. Ten stalks of asparagus (I could have chose kangkung to save my pocket if I live in Malaysia!)
  5. 50ml of Cooking cream 
  6. Cheddar cheese (as much as you like)
  7. Salt and pepper
Methods:
  1. Cook the pasta to Al Dante (as suggested by the package).
  2. Meanwhile, cut the bacon into small pieces and fry on your non stick pan. I do not add any oil as I am already using streaky bacon. If you chose back bacon, you may want to fry on some butter for better flavour.
  3. Chop the garlic and prepare your asparagus.
  4. When the bacon is almost done (almost crispy), throw in the garlic.
  5. Cook the asparagus with the pasta at the last half to one minute of the pasta. 
  6. Meanwhile, add the cream and shredded cheddar cheese into the pan and stir. Let the sauce simmer and thicken.
  7. Drain the cooked pasta and asparagus and run them through cold water immediately to stop cooking further. Asparagus is crispy and tasty to cook within a minute. (I always keep my mobile phone around, the timer comes in handy)
  8. Add the pasta into the pan and stir to make sure the pasta is coated with the delicious sauce. Flavour with ground pepper and salt.
  9. Serve the pasta into the plate. Top the pasta with the asparagus.
  10. Ready to eat :)
  11. Oh wait, please take a picture and Instagram! :P
As simple as that, all done in 25minutes even a noob like me. 

没有评论: