That doesn't mean I do not eat vegetables, I do. But full vegetarian meal, well, that happens only a few times a year normally.
I like chickpeas. I have some leftover from my Christmas Eve dinner, so I was googling on the web one day to decide on what to do with the chickpeas. And I found this.
I've made some changes according to what I have at home.
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- Half can of chickpea
- A quarter of onions
- A teaspoon of mayonnaise
- Half table spoon of lemon juice
- Parsley (as much as you like)
- Salt and Pepper (to your taste)
- Chop the onions and parsley.
- Mash the chickpea. (I have never thought chickpeas are that hard to mash. Do use a deeper bowl to prevent the round little things fly out from the bowl)
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Lay some lettuce on your bread (toasted bread makes even better sandwich)
- Lay the chickpea fillings generously and serve!
|Chickpea sandwich with asparagus|
I made 2 servings, so I get to keep one more in the fridge =)
I used muesli bread from Sunshine as that is what I have left in the kitchen. You can use wholemeal bread, or walnut bread... Or anything I would say, but I personally think white bread will not taste so nice.
I think this may be a good meal for those on diet!