That is why, I'm keeping this conscious mind of mine and start cooking more fiber for myself.
|Sorry for the quality, it was taken with my iPhone|
My favourite fiber will be spinach. However, it's not easy to get spinach. I do have to get off at other stations, make a detour to Cold Storage or Fair Price Finest to get them. I stumbled upon someone else' FB and saw a creamy pasta with broccoli and I thought I ought to make myself one too!
Ingredients (serves 1):
- Pasta of your choice (Recommended to use either farfalle or shell pasta)
- Broccoli, cut into florets (as much as you want! It's healthy (= )
- Bacon, diced into small pieces (maximum two slides)
- A clove of garlic, sliced
- Cooking cream (approx. 80ml) (Confession 3: I've never measured the volume of cream I used, I pour in with my
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Ground pepper
- Herbs (Confession 2: I use mixed herbs that come in bottles)
- 1/2 tablespoon of butter
- Cook the pasta until al Dante.
- While waiting for the pasta to cook, pan fried the diced bacon with butter.
- When the bacon is golden brown and crispy, add in the sliced garlic.
- Pour the cooking cream into the pan when the garlic is turned golden brown, and let it simmer.
- At the last two minutes of the pasta cooking, pour in the broccoli.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli at once when it's done.
- Pour pasta and broccoli into the cream mixture, add ground pepper and herbs.
- Serve the pasta on plate, dress with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve =)
Yum~ With this recipe, I guess I can promise to take more fiber ^^