2018年1月6日星期六

Hello 2018!

I know it's a little late for a new year post, but the year started a little rough. My son's been sick the second day we got back from hometown. Nursing him to recovery, and caring for the both of them have taken up all the time. He's still recovering, hope he gets well really soon!

While the Facebook flooded with comics and memes of how tough was 2017, I thought to myself, it wasn't that bad. Like what I wrote in my Instagram post, I was a little low because I thought I didn't achieve anything for the year, but I didn't particularly think that 2017 has been bad to me. Also, reminded by my friends, that I actually did quite a few things, even though I do not call them achievements. 

Not until my husband reminded me of a few things that happened in 2017.

My son was hospitalised due to complex seizures. And worse, it was during my confinement. I was tired all the time, and feeling guilty that I could not be with my newborn. 

He had a couple more seizures throughout the year, we've seen neurologist a few times. And he's been confirmed to have epilepsy.

He started on his first epilepsy medication, Epilim and the side effects got the worst on him. He can't control himself, cry several hours and we had to get him to A & E. We're just very very tired, but really thankful my mother was around.

After he listed out the events, I thought to myself, how can I forget all these? But again why not? Ignorance (or lack of good memory in this case) can sometimes be a bliss. I do not remember not because I do not care for him, but I guess my brain protect myself from such pain by hiding these information.

Instead I reminded myself he enrolled to the center since February last year, and made some improvements. He's not talking but at least he can sometimes try to communicate. He's not running, but he's walking much better and more confident with stairs. He's not on par with his growth, but he has better awareness.

Besides, I'm thankful that after Epilim failed, we tried Keppra and it works. We can go on a family vacation like it used to be!

It's never been easy, whether it's 2017 or 2016 or 1999... that's life! We face challenges every year, every month, every day.

All I can tell myself is to move on, work hard and don't give up!

没有评论: