2017年6月30日星期五

Stop! Just Stop!

Few days ago, I saw some random sharing on Facebook, of a woman breastfeeding her baby in Parlimen while delivering her speech. And whoever that shared the series of photos captioned the post, asking women to stop giving themselves excuses to leave their career and dreams behind to take care of their children, and only think about sweeping the floor and keep the house clean (something along this line).

This caption, needless to say, makes me uncomfortable.

While I think the mother's action is great and inspiring, I think it's not ok to shame mothers that stay at home to take care of their children.

There's NOTHING wrong to stay at home to take care of the children.

Let me say this again, NOTHING's WRONG!

We do NOT give up our dreams for nothing. It's for the kids, for the family. And who says we do not have our dreams, we have, we just hit a PAUSE for now, we'll get back to it when the kids grow up and care for themselves better. And sometimes, in between the "seems impossible to have time" me-time, we do our best to improve ourselves, work a little towards our dreams.

Trust me when I tell you all mothers who decided to stay at home took a big step. It's one of the hardest decision they have ever made and they took A BLOODY LONG time to decide this is it.

And sometimes mothers still feel a bit of self conscious, so it's no help when you shame them by saying "only think about sweeping the floor"! Excuse me, someone has to do the dirty job anyway!

Everybody has reasons behind the decision that you may not understand.

Please share some love, working mothers or stay at home mothers, they're all about hard work, dedication and love to the family.

Shame no more.

没有评论: