2017年6月14日星期三

Feed The Mommy——My Very Own Version of Carbonara

I like carbonara, but I haven't been eating for a long time due to my pregnancy. (The egg used in carbonara is not fully cooked) Actually, pregnancy is not the only reason, I can't feed my son half cooked eggs too, so I actually haven't been eating carbonara for a long time!

I used to cook carbonara using Jamie Oliver's recipe. I roughly remember how, but I wanted to be sure so I tried to search for it. But I can't find it! Dang! So instead, I browsed around a few other websites, and decided to just make up my own.

And you know what? I like my version, so much so I'd like to write it down for my future reference.

Carbonara and a cup of decaf

Ingredients:

  1. Two slices of streaky bacon
  2. Two cloves of garlic
  3. A handful of baby spinach
  4. An egg
  5. Mixture of parmesan, cheddar, mozarella and feta cheese
  6. A tablespoon of cooking cream
  7. Pasta of your choice
Method:
  1. Separate egg white and yolk.
  2. Add the cheese mixture and cream into the egg white.
  3. Dice the bacon and mince the garlic.
  4. Cook the pasta as per instructed on the packet and fry the bacon.
  5. As the oil from streaky bacon ooze out, add the garlic into the pan.
  6. At the last minute of your pasta cooking, add the spinach (you do not want to overcook them, so one minute is just nice)
  7. Drain the water from your pasta and spinach, keep some pasta water. 
  8. Add the pasta and spinach into the pan, stir them well so the pasta would soak the delicious bacon oil.
  9. Take the pan off the heat.
  10. Slowly pour the egg white and cheese mixture in and stir them well. (If you think it's too thick, you can add a little pasta water you keep, I usually don't)
  11. Serve the pasta in a plate, make a small hole in the middle and place the egg yolk.
  12. Stir the pasta and egg yolk well before you eat, the heat from the pasta will cook the egg.
Tadaa~~~ 

I really like how creamy this pasta is. Besides, a plate of good carbonara and coffee for lunch, makes it feel like I'm having a luxury me time in a cafe! (Even though I'm just really rushing off to cook myself a meal when baby is sleeping!)

没有评论: