2016年12月24日星期六

Modified Martha Stewart's Outrageous Chocolate Cookies

It's Christmas again! But this year, no party, no gift exchange, no... basically nothing.

But it doesn't feel like year end if I didn't fire up my oven and bake something. Plus I really want to give something to the school for helping all these months, so, I decided to bake the outrageous chocolate cookies I baked two year ago. And this first batch, as I remember it, was too sweet, even though I had already cut down the sugar from the original recipe.

It's so rich with chocolate, you'll have sore throat if you had too much!

So, when I decided to bake for second time, I know I still have to do something about the sugar level. So, this is what I do to make it somewhat to my likings.

Ingredients:

  • 4 ounces of semisweet chocolate, 4 ounces of unsweetened chocolate, roughly chopped
  • 4 tbsp of salted butter (I always use salted butter, no matter what the recipe suggests)
  • 2/3 cup of plain flour
  • 1/2 tsp of baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp of salt (but for this batch unfortunately I realized I accidentally put 1 tsp)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 120grams of brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 12 ounces of semisweet chocolate chunks (I used chocolate buttons)

As of the methods, I followed exactly the same as the original recipe. My oven can be a little less hot on the bottom rack, so the bottom rack has to be baked for 15 minutes while the upper rack baked for 12 minutes. 

I packed the cookies into a very non glamorous disposable take away container (I wished I could have bought the nicer packaging on weekends when we go out) and drew a simple card and wrote a thank you note. 

I'm glad The Man told me it's good when I asked him to try (whether it's good enough to give away) and the lovely teachers told me it's nice too :)

I'm glad I made it, even though I finished baking after 12am! >.<

I actually love midnight baking.

没有评论: