2017年1月15日星期日

Mother's Luck, Mother's Instinct

My son is sick again. He has a tendency of febrile seizure when his body temperature goes too high or changes too quickly. We hate having him fever, not that any parents would like it, but when fit is in the equation, there's even more reason to hate!

He had blocked nose after we came back from Penang. We've watched him carefully, and yesterday the blocked nose seem to get better. We thought it is a relief. But we did notice he kept drinking water. He hates drinking water. But since very young, every time before he falls sick he would drink a lot, and double eyelid would develop. Now that the double eyelid is fully permanent, it's no longer an indication.

We all went to sleep like our usual arrangement. We on our bed, he in his baby cot right next to me. Peacefully, or so we thought.

In my sleep this morning, 6.33am to be exact, I heard his voice, but not the usual one. I did not know what caught me, I jumped up immediately and shouted to The Man to switch on the lights. And we caught him in the middle of the fit. The Man acted quicker than I do as usual, he handled everything while I watched the time, prepare medicine, water, wet handkerchief, everything to pat the temperature down.

When everything is under controlled, I can only say, I'm relieved and I'm shocked. I'm relieved that with pure luck and instinct as my friend said, I managed to hear the little noise from him in my deep sleep. I'm shocked that, what if I didn't catch it, what if none of us hear it, what will happen!!!

I'm keeping him close tonight when I sleep. Real close.

I love him no matter what, I want him to be strong, healthy and happy. He's always my baby.

A collage auto created by Google Photos, my lovely dearest son

没有评论: