2013年12月26日星期四

Christmas Eve Dinner

It's finally over, the Christmas and all.

I've stayed put in Singapore this year Christmas, and decided to cook ourselves a little dinner, a little feast at home.

We don't have a huge stomach to store too much food, a three course meal will be too much for us so we had a little 2 course.

I've made creamy mushroom soup for appetizer, and lemon & rosemary chicken with chickpea salad for main. Come to think about it, we did have our three course meal, we had a butter cake that I baked few days before Christmas Eve as desserts to go with my Nespresso coffee ^^

All these, accompanied by the wonderful Christmas tree :)

 photo evedinner_1_zps6a6d6dee.jpg
Creamy mushroom soup

 photo evedinner_2_zpse4ac2f9f.jpg
Lemon & rosemary chicken with chickpea salad

For the mushroom soup I didn't follow the recipe. For instance, I used a mix of white and brown button mushrooms; I didn't use corn starch as the cream that I used is thick enough; I used lesser cream than suggested because the soup had already turned very thick; And I blend the soup after it's done with a hand blender instead of blender the mushroom in food processor as I have none. And one thing I regret following the recipe, is the lemon juice. It was too much and the soup had a tinge of sourness.

Well, practice makes perfect anyway.

Now, I'll be off from Singapore soon, to Bangkok! (That would mean more posts on food!)

没有评论: