2016年4月2日星期六

Feed The Mommy——Baked Egg and Caprese-Style Portobello Brekkie

Breakfast is my favourite time of the day, because I'll be awake but not my son! Haha! Don't get me wrong, I love my son, he's cute and cuddly. But mommies like alone time too!

I usually try my best to wake up earlier than the two of them to whip up a good breakfast for The Man and I. But sometimes the gravity in the bed is stronger than anywhere else (like today) and I have my breakfast alone after The Man left the house to work.

Baked egg, caprese-style portobello, kiwi and coffee 

Baked Egg

You can use any ingredients you like, but for me there are always the two same versions (because I'm too lazy). It's either mushrooms or spinach and cherry tomatoes.

For mushrooms, I usually use button mushrooms, cut them into thin slices and sauteed them with butter on pan. Once they're pretty and brown, lay them in the bake dish, season with pepper and salt if you like, some herbs too, cheese (I use a mix of cheddar and mozarella) and lay the egg on top of the mushroom.

Easy peasy.

For spinach and cherry tomatoes, wilt the spinach over hot water, and dry them. Half the cherry tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper, and add cheese (For this I use feta). Lay the egg on top of the spinach and cherry tomatoes.

Place the bake dish in a hot water bath. Bake them in the oven at 180 Degrees for 11-15 minutes depending how cooked you want the egg to be. I like it runny so I always bake it at 12 minutes.

Caprese Style Portobello

This is super simple. Remove the stem on the mushroom. Half the cherry tomatoes and season it with salt, pepper and basil. Coat the portobello with some cooking oil, lay cherry tomatoes in the mushrooms, add mozarella cheese.

Place them on top of aluminum foil as the liquid from portobello will dirty your pan if you don't. It's for easy cleaning afterwards.

Bake this at 180 Degrees until the cheese is brown and pretty. It's about 11-12 minutes.

I got this recipe from here.

I love my breakfast!

Bon Appetit!

没有评论: