2016年3月30日星期三

A Date with My Brother at Black Kettle Cafe, Georgetown Penang

Cafes come, cafes go. Good cafes with characters and good coffee stick around; Bad ones (or unlucky ones) got kicked out from the game.

We have our favourites (mine will be Cozy in the Rocket), but sometimes we like to try some new ones. After dropping off our eldest sister at the airport, we decided to head to Georgetown. The weather is too hot nowadays, the only criteria I set is to have air conditioned cafe.

Black Kettle is relatively new, both of us have never tried before. And we knew it's air conditioned. Good for us.

As we stepped into the cafe, we were surprised. We never knew the cafe is SO spacious!

The counter

The bakery

One of the nicest corner in the cafe, but you can be a little too close to the people at the next table, so we decided to sit somewhere else. 

Suitable for people watching

Posters in the cafe suggesting that this is a 4000 sq feet area. One of the biggest cafe I've been to in Georgetown. You can even book the place for events, I wonder at what price.

We have already had our light lunch at home so we didn't order any mains. We've got an affogato, a flat white, a slice of chocolate and cheese cake (called black and white), and a plate of fries with truffled mayo. The bill came at RM55.95. The coffee were both great, the cake was rich and not too sweet. But the fries are totally over priced at RM14, and not a tinge of truffle taste in the mayo at all. No more fries for me next time.

My affogato

The cafe is adequately lit. As usual, we took our turns to walk around the cafe and took some photos. And this, my affogato, was my favourite. (Note: I was pouring my espresso with my right hand, holding my phone with my left and took this with timer)

Maybe, next time I will try the pancake.

Address:
105, Beach Street, 10300, Georgetown, Penang

没有评论: