A month, is exactly how long I have been with my mom. Two weeks for having her here in Singapore with us, so that I can help out The Man at the clinic when he needed help. Another two weeks for the baby to go back to hometown. It's not easy to set up a new clinic, but I'm glad he finally did what he always wanted.
The work to be done before the clinic opens was tremendous. I know nothing in dentistry, all I could help is to build a simple website for his clinic, and also a business page in Facebook. It didn't sound much, but for someone who knows nothing about coding and website, it almost killed me. I worked pass midnight for days in a row just to get one small item done. I watched tonnes and tonnes of Youtube tutorial (All Hail Youtube!), I got help from my Bestie and her husband! Thank goodness, I wouldn't have completed the page without them!
Now that things got settled a little more, it's time for me to start cooking, taking photos, trying to learn art all over again.
|Butter garlic chicken aglio olio|
|Simple and delicious|
I cook aglio olio a lot because it's simple and delicious, suits the lazy me. I like my food to be simple most of the time. So I always only add one ingredient for my aglio olio, chicken, mushrooms, bacon are the most common ingredients I add. (No more bacon for me after the terrible news for bacon lover!) Most importantly, A LOT OF HERBS AND SEASONING! Never get stingy with that!
With the new packet of deep fried garlic that my mom got me, and the truffle oil from Antwerp, my aglio olio got even better, at least to me.
- Garlic (as much as you like! The more the better!)
- Chicken or mushrooms or shrimps (If you're cooking with chicken, marinate them with salt, pepper and herbs)
- Pasta of your choice, I personally prefer spaghetti or angel hair
- Mixed herbs
- Red peppercorn
- Dried chili
- Deep fried garlic
- Truffle oil
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cook the pasta to al Dante
- While the pasta is cooking, pan fry the ingredients of your choice (with butter, no other than that if you want your aglio olio to taste good)
- Toss in the chopped garlic when the meat/seafood/mushrooms are almost cooked
- Add items 4-8 and toss them around
- Add the cooked pasta, give them a good stir
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and deep fried garlic, mix them
- Plate your pasta, sprinkle a teaspoon or two of truffle oil
It's so simple, it's ready in 15-20 minutes.
Now, time to go wash up before baby wakes up :)