2015年10月6日星期二

Chocolate and Peanut Butter Granola Bars on the Go

The Man has been very busy, going to bed by 1am has become a luxury. Mornings are usually in a rush, no time for breakfast. Sometimes, all he had for the mornings is a cup of Milo. That will last him until lunch.

I hate skipping breakfast. I tried to wake up for his breakfast, but I didn't manage recently. Lazy, plus I also go to bed as late as he does. I just couldn't. I always wonder how he manages to sleep only a few hours a day.

I have Pinterest on my mobile. I like Pinterest because I can always find something interesting. Even though I might not try any of them, but I always keep them in folders. Just in case. I've came across this simple granola bars recipe on Pinterest. And hence decided to give it a try so that this granola bars can serve as his breakfast when he's in the rush. Or maybe energy bars in his bag during his busy days.

So last night, after I put baby into bed, I started my midnight baking. It's pretty simple so it didn't take a long time.

First trial on granola bars

Take a close look, they actually look like shit

First trial, I'll give them a 8/10. They look like shit but they taste good. I love the peanuts and peanut butter, so fragrant. Especially right after baking them, my kitchen smells so good!! I felt that I could eat my kitchen!

I think I could make improvement on the moisture of the bars. Probably I should add a little bit more honey next time, to make it more gooey. Besides, I should really make them flatter, nobody had their granola looks as shit as mine! And maybe, I will try baking them shorter than 25 minutes. And also try the non bake method too!

没有评论: