|Colorful and nutritious meal|
This dish combines everything I love!
Egg, chickpea, spinach and bacon! I could have added potatoes but I think that'll make me a little too full, I guess this is more than enough for me.
Prep time: Less than 10 minutes. Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (for one):
- Half onion
- Bacon (1 or 2 slices, depending on your likings) You can also use sausages
- Spinach (I ran out of fresh spinach, so I used my frozen spinach)
- One egg
- Crushed red pepper
- Dried herbs
Adjust the amount of the ingredients based on your likings.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Dice bacon and onions.
- Fry them until golden brown, add chickpea, spinach, red pepper. Lightly fry them.
- Pour them into a casserole. If you have cast iron skillet, you can cook this on the skillet and no pouring required. Add the egg on top.
- Season with dried herbs and pepper.
- Put them into oven and bake for 10 minutes. You can bake longer if you like your egg more cooked.
I think this is good for brunch, lunch or dinner, anytime you want :)